DUBLIN'S NO1 SUP SCHOOL
We are an ASI Accredited Stand Up Paddle School and abide by the high international standards for stand up paddle operations.

IRISHSUP.COM

DUBLIN'S NO1 SUP SCHOOL

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Where to get Epoxy Resin?

Lewis1648

Need to get some expoxy resin to fix my handle into place....Where do most of you get yours? Thought the local hardware would have it but they don't and I was quoted €26 from a sailing shop!?

--

August 31, 2011 at 9:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Paul.
Site Owner

You prob only need a small bit Lewis, that will be your problem i guess.....getting a small amount. Try calling the great outdoors, Killian in  Wind and wave, or Colin in the Surfdock.

--

August 31, 2011 at 12:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

dave

i used some super glue and then wrapped it with insulating tape!!!!!but then again i ve been told im 50 percent pikey!!!!!!!

August 31, 2011 at 12:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Paul.
Site Owner

Lewis, Only just figured that you are talking about your PADDLE handle, not a new handle in your board!!!!! DOOOO..... get 2 part epoxy pack in your local hardware store, about 6 euro, will do the job fine!!

--

August 31, 2011 at 3:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lewis1648

Think il by pass the pikey option ;) and splash out on the €6 stuff! Paul, as I mentioned my local place doesn't have any, do you know somewhere that does?

--

September 1, 2011 at 7:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Paul.
Site Owner

I got mine in woodies!

--

September 1, 2011 at 8:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lewis1648

Nice one, might get some tonight.

--

September 1, 2011 at 2:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Leon

I used tech 7 - super strong cilicone type stuff and water resistant. Have some at home if you want to try that.

--

instant eejit - just add water :)

September 2, 2011 at 11:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tim Ferguson

Great for fixing dings too

September 4, 2011 at 9:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.