DUBLIN'S NO1 SUP SCHOOL
We are an ASI Accredited Stand Up Paddle School and abide by the high international standards for stand up paddle operations.

Irish Sup.com

DUBLIN'S NO1 SUP SCHOOL

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > sup competition

dave

congrats to paul byrne for kicking my ass in the sup comp in bundoran last weekend to claim 3rd place behind  finn mullen and emmet o doherty!paul was lucky to finish in the final after taking finn mullens brand new brushed carbon starboard to the back of the legs after finn dropped in from the top of a big wave as paul was bottom turning oooouuucchhhhh!!!paul you knocked me back in to forth but ill be gunning for you at the next comp!!!!!!!!

March 30, 2011 at 12:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Paul.
Site Owner

Thanks Dave. Was a great experience for us both! We wont be so green at the next comp in Portrush, reckon Emmet, Finn and the lads have been having sleepless nights worrying about us two!!! Should be an east coast wave about over next few days, will you be spotted getting in some practice???

--

March 30, 2011 at 4:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

dave

id say it will be another few years before their worrying about us paul!yea east coast looks good over the next few days if the wind drops possibly late saturday or early sunday is looking good at the moment!i might even get gready and sneak down to cork for the day if i can looks alright there for the weekend?give me a text if your heading out and ill keep you informed on what im doing talk soon pal!

March 31, 2011 at 1:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tim Ferguson

well done lads 1 for taking part and 2 for getting results.

Please always remember There are no waves on the east coast hense the lack of practice I can get and partake in these events. ....unlike u lads that get to go west every weekend

Great to see the comp section for suping taking off and the east coast well represented .

I hear Kevin Cavney is soon getting a sup board so  watch out he will be ripping it up soon and competing with me in the more mature  section  ( wouldnt like to call it masters as a certain skill  level is required)   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 1, 2011 at 2:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

dave

sure thing tim we believe you!!!!check out this link it will change your mind about east coast waves!!!!!!!!!   http://vimeo.com/21430914

April 2, 2011 at 3:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tim Ferguson
Dave and Paul Byrne..... well done again fellas great results in Portrush and good to see you got best new commmmmmmmer to the comp Paul. Will have to get some secert training in after the new arrival even to get through qualifiacation next year that is if I could find a wave with in 10 mins of my house . Might have to move west!!! Well done again and to Finn too whom I havent met in person yet
April 11, 2011 at 1:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tim Ferguson

Dave Thats photo shop 

April 11, 2011 at 1:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ollysup

i'll be on it next year at the Portrush Open lol just have to decide on my next board! my jetty isn't really cut out for swift cut backs and small waves :( time to start saving...

--

Live to SUP, SUP to Live :)... only a surfer knows the feeling!

April 20, 2011 at 11:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

dave

ill be on my new board a year by then olly so just bite the bullet and put it on your credit card he he!!

April 20, 2011 at 1:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ollysup

if only i had room on the credit card lol

--

Live to SUP, SUP to Live :)... only a surfer knows the feeling!

April 20, 2011 at 4:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Paul.
Site Owner
Next sup leg of irish champs is standhill, co sligo open. Get your new boards sorted boys and we can do battle august bank holiday weekend!
--

April 25, 2011 at 6:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ollysup

balls i have to work BH august! and its my birthday!!! guttered... need to win the lotto!

April 25, 2011 at 5:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.