DUBLIN'S NO1 SUP SCHOOL
We are an ASI Accredited Stand Up Paddle School and abide by the high international standards for stand up paddle operations.

Irish Sup.com

DUBLIN'S NO1 SUP SCHOOL

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > east coast waves

Leon

Where is the best place along the east coast for waves?

I'm thinking Skerries or Brittas Bay.

Any other thoughts?

Want to start supping in waves, so am looking for small, consistant swells and a nice sandy beach with easy access, and not too far from Dublin - about 1hrs max travel.

November 3, 2010 at 8:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Fran

Malahide , outside the estuary can be good place, generally has some waves over the winter because of the shallow sandbar approaching the estuary

November 6, 2010 at 11:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Leon

Yeh, Looked At Malahaide last weekend, and went up along the coast to skerries. There can be some nice spots in the right condiotions.

I'm planning to head there again this weekend to see if there will be some trainer waves to start on. Tides will come in from about lunch time. High tide around 5pm, so it should be perfect when the water starts pushing in over the sandbanks. Any takers?

PM me or call 087 640 9867

Cheers.

Leon.

November 10, 2010 at 8:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tim Ferguson

Leon at November 10, 2010 at 8:18 AM

Yeh, Looked At Malahaide last weekend, and went up along the coast to skerries. There can be some nice spots in the right condiotions.

I'm planning to head there again this weekend to see if there will be some trainer waves to start on. Tides will come in from about lunch time. High tide around 5pm, so it should be perfect when the water starts pushing in over the sandbanks. Any takers?

PM me or call 087 640 9867

Cheers.

Leon.

might be a few waves around this week on east coast . Sandymount can get a nice solid  standing wave which just keeps moving and not breaking but it must be 1 hour either side of high tide or its allong walk back. There is a wave off to the left on a sand bar breaks at an angle like the one at tullan its halfway to the towers 5 min paddle.

November 15, 2010 at 1:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Leon

Hmmm, southerly wind this weekend, Low tide at around lunch time, so maybe some surf hitting our eastern shore lines around Dollymount, Sandymount, Malahide, Rush, Skerries.

Anyone up for a wee wave hunting Supari?

--

instant eejit - just add water :)

January 10, 2011 at 9:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

dave

great east coast waves in a place called maheramore just outside wicklow town about 40 mins away.had a great day there about 2 weeks ago in 4 foot waves!!if u really want to ease yourself into the waves theres a nice little wave that forms in the middle of killiney beach close to the dart station?looks better on high tide havent been on it yet though!!

January 30, 2011 at 10:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Leon

Southerly winds this whole week, Low tide at 5:50pm on Sat  and 6:30pm on Sun.

Darn pitty I'm away this weekend, so won't be able to make a surf session, but based on last weekend, Bray will be pumping.

So whoever is going out, have a blast :P

--

instant eejit - just add water :)

February 18, 2011 at 6:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.