DUBLIN'S NO1 SUP SCHOOL
We are an ASI Accredited Stand Up Paddle School and abide by the high international standards for stand up paddle operations.

Irish Sup.com

DUBLIN'S NO1 SUP SCHOOL

Forums

Forum Home > Equipment > Starboard 2011 Board Catalog

supjools

http://surfingsports.com/starboard_2011_sup_guide/slides/Starboard_2011_page1.html

--

Its all about the glide, baby !

October 28, 2010 at 10:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Paul.
Site Owner

Heres one for ya...

Right, lets SUPPOSE Stand Up Surf Zone won a huge sum of cash!!!!!!!!!!!! And we decided to sponcer a few paddlers with a new Starboard....... i said SUPPOSE!!!!!

What board would it be and why?

--

October 29, 2010 at 3:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Flanders

Paul. at October 29, 2010 at 3:33 PM

Heres one for ya...

Right, lets SUPPOSE Stand Up Surf Zone won a huge sum of cash!!!!!!!!!!!! And we decided to sponcer a few paddlers with a new Starboard....... i said SUPPOSE!!!!!

What board would it be and why?

Board Choice - Starboard 7'11" x 29.5" SEVENELEVEN

Why - I like the Starboard 8'5" x 29" POCKET ROCKET and caught some waves on my first time on the board in the surf. Nice feel taking the wave although stability sitting out the back is challenging if your not keeping some momentum while standing.

I am a firm believer in setting myself a challenge.

Going a little shorter with board size in the 7'11" and loosing about 10 litres volume compared with the 8'5", IMHO the SEVENELEVEN is prefect choice for me!

October 30, 2010 at 7:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

supjools

Well, a six eleven impossibles because then you would have a board you could travel with on a plane to somewhere hot and practicing with it woulndt be a drag in warm sunny waters, failing that the 7' 4" Rush, and by the way if anyone has a sub 8' SUP board out there that they would entrust to me for a week, I'd love to borrow up because the SUP hire centres near where I'm going are getting greedy.

Cheers

--

Its all about the glide, baby !

November 1, 2010 at 9:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.